1.2K views
Turnaround Time

Was at Tanger Outlet in Cookstown, Ontario doing some Christmas shopping when I was pulled into the store and the sale lady who was very charming started putting cream on one side of my face. Everything was happening very fast and with lots of chatter and with intense pressure sales tactics.

I eventually gave in and bought the cream. Well then I am whisked to the back room for a facial. All the while she did lots of talking, telling me how much she wanted me as her client. She then started putting another package together which was going to cost me another $400.

Yes, crazy I am and I tried many times to say no. She worked out a finance plan where I could pay monthly. She kept telling me to keep it a secret and do not say how she gave me the biggest discount. Everything was happening so fast and can't believe I got sucked into $800 worth of products.

I left the mall feeling beaten up and my face was burning. What they do is once you purchase their product they tell you they will text or email the instructions on how to use the products. This is a sales tactic to keep you interested so you don't change your mind. They also try to befriend you so you would feel guilty to end the relationship.

Yes pretty crazy behaviour to buy a product. Anyways get in my car, face is burning and I couldn't wait to get home and wash it off. My face was burning the next day as well. That evening when I got home I texted her saying I wanted a refund but she said there is no refund.

When she gave me the bill, she she folded it twice and stuck in the bag so I wouldn't see she (Michelle) had stamped it with no refund, exchange only. Words were exchanged and I told her I was coming to the store next day after work. I got in touch with Tanger outlet manager who was very nice and understanding. She made sure Adore cosmetics gave me my refund.

This could have gone a lot worse but thankfully it worked out in my favour. What a learning experience.

They are scammers so please stay away from them. They are very dishonest and their products are not organic and toxic to your skin.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 01, 2016.

Comments

Type your message here

Perth, Ontario, Canada #1271886

This company is a SCAM. They recruit young Israelis and promise them Student Visas for training in countries like Canada and the US.

They train them well before they leave - everything from what to say to at the border to how to be a relentless, agressive sales person. They promise them a decent wage plus commission and housing, and they know the products are expensive, so they are lured by that as well as usually knowing ir hearing of others who made a ton of money inna few months.

Once they arrive they are put to work in store fronts and kiosks in prestigious malls for 12 hours a day where their only pay is from commission. This makes them even more desperate and aggressive. They lure people in by offering them free samples, sometimes they hand over a fancy bag full of tissue, and you don't realize it's just a few packets of cheap hand cream until you leave.

Next they will try to put their face creams on you and offer you a free facial.

Finally, they will talk you into buying as many of their items as possible, promising a full money back guarantee (which is a lie). There are no prices or ingredient lists to be found either. The price is whatever you agree to pay.

They also will not have items in stock and say they will ship it to you. The receipt you get has NO REFUNDS stamped on it despite the verbal money back guarantee and there is very little you can do to stop them from taking your money. They love to prey on seniors and people with disabilities.

The products are also questionable and many have caused damage to the skin. I've been to one of their stores and the hand cream they give you from a tube is NOT the product you have in the tiny packet, but that's what you'll get if you agree to pay $90 for it.

There are other company names owned by the same scam company, ie. Deep Sea Cosmetics, plus many more (I've found 8 so far). This is being investigated by many including Homeland Security. They are coming on student or recreational Visas but working/scamming and leaving with wads (up to $40,000.00) of illegally obtained, tax free money from our countries.

What can you do? First, if you know of a occasion where this company is operating, complain to the mall management. Next, share any information you have with Wendy Vincent, who is coordinating information between the many agencies working on the Dead Sea fraud cases. If your mall does nothing, pass along the information to your local newspaper.

If you see their products online, leave a comment to warn people. Wendy Vincent can be reached via vincentwm@state.gov.

Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, United States #1261866

How did you get them to give you a refund? This just happened to me. Pretty disappointed that I let myself get scammed.

to Kelly Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States #1272181